New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MBC
Gold Member Enjoys 10% Discount

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I recently got a chemcial peel (called the Sensi Peel) and it has REALLY helped with my fading acne scars and smoothing out my skin. It says that it's supposed to inhibit acne formation-I should find out if that's true in the next three weeks or so.

I went onto the PCA Skincare website and read about some of the other peels they offer and they all seem interesting but I'm hesistant to try the others because I have a darker skin tone and read that some peels can actually cause hyperpigmentation on darker skin. So far, the Sensi Peel is the only one I've read about that seems safe for darker skin tones.

Has anyone tried other PCA chemcial peels?

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  10:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If no one has tried the PCA peels, has anyone tried any of the other peels that are out there like the pumpkin peel or blue peel?
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
308 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  3:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard wonderful things about the chemical peel you used. I haven't tried it myself. How are your result working out for you? Was it a good investiment?
Go to Top of Page

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  9:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laurab,

The results are great but it's not a permanent fix. After doing a peel my breakouts will stop for about two months and it really helps with the hyperpigmentation that's left behind from acne. I also find that it softens my smile lines.

I got lazy (and cheap) and tried waiting 3 months and my breakouts started again-they aren't bad but still. Even the tiny pimples cause hyperpigmentation even if I don't poke at them. So waiting has actually set my treatment back.

I recommend that if you're going to do them, stick with whatever treatment plan is suggested to you.
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
308 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  6:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think my mom did this treatment - her skin did look amazing. Did you have to go home wearing a shinny product mask?
Go to Top of Page

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  9:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by laurab

I think my mom did this treatment - her skin did look amazing. Did you have to go home wearing a shinny product mask?

Yeah, lol, I was all lathered up in suncreen and moisturizer. They say it's important to avoid the sun completely after a peel so they really slather on the sunscreen after. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Go to Top of Page

chocolatte253
Silver Member Enjoys 5% Discount
Average Member

369 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  10:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't had a peel done before, but curious.. how long does the sun sensitivity last for typically afterwards? like a week?
Go to Top of Page

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  12:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you've got to be extremely careful while your skin is peeling, which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on your skin type and the type of peel. But once you start doing the peels your skin will be more sensitive to the sun overall so from then on it's important to avoid the sun or where sunscreen.

quote:
Originally posted by chocolatte253

Haven't had a peel done before, but curious.. how long does the sun sensitivity last for typically afterwards? like a week?

Go to Top of Page

tash

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  11:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it painful? i've always worried it would be very painful. i am uncomfortable with the burning sensation.

Tash :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
eSkinStore Forum © eSkinCareStore - eSkinStore Go To Top Of Page